Thursday, October 13, 2016

#LangChat

This week I am saying HELLO to the Twitter World for the first time in years by creating an account, @SenoraDanielle.  I had an  account years ago which just slowly faded away into the dark world of computer sites no longer visited by me.  Twitter mostly went to this dark place for me because I didn't know how to use it, wasn't sure what to post, and frankly, wasn't sure if anyone would care.  Well, this week's topic in grad school was Twitter Chat, hence the new Twitter account, and so here goes a review of my first time using Twitter in over two years and my very first every Twitter Chat:



I wanted to get a hang of the Twitter Chat before I just dove right in, so I checked out #EdChat, a group that met before the group I had been looking forward to all week, #LangChat.  Learning how to use the Twitter Chat was a bit of a learning curve, but it was easy enough.  After about two very overthought posts with the #EdChat hashtag, I signed off, feeling ready for the #LangChat group which met earlier this evening.  I have to say, I LOVED IT.  #LangChat is dedicated to World Language teachers, so I fit right in.  And not to brag, but being a part of this chat gained me 10 new
followers, all in the education world. So that's right, wait for it...  I now have 15 followers! (Please note the sarcasm in my voice, but also the thrill!) What an adrenaline rush it is to be part of a group chat of educators who all share your passion and who go above and beyond to answer your questions or reply to your tweets. This week's topic was how to go interdisciplinary with language learning.

So will I be participating in this Twitter Chat in the future? The answer: DEFINITELY.

And here's why:

  • Two words: Professional Development
  • I connected with other Spanish teachers, some who even were interested in co-planning units in the future (hey, two minds are greater than one!)
  • I asked some questions about tech in the classroom and got some great advice: at least five different apps and sites to use in the language classroom
  • Got some brilliant ideas on how to do an itnerdisciplinary plan and great advice on how to get other teachers involved
  • It was fun! I don't think I've ever been so glued to my phone in a 40 minute period, or that excited to read someone's next tweets
So if you're new to the Twitter world, or are looking for a great community to be a part of, definitely check out the next #LangChat Twitter Chat, which is every Thursday at 8pm ET.  I'll see you there! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I think your posts are very inspirational to new educators and hope that you continue your blog after the conclusion of the class. I think others can really benefit from your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete